From: dann <dann@thelinuxlink.net>
Subject: [mgp-users 00854] Slackware package and some more
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:55:02 -0400

dann> I almost always make slackware packages out of the programs I compile for
dann> personal ease of use later.  Having read the previous message about
dann> Nicolas wanting to offer a Debian package, I too would like to offer the
dann> slackware packages I have created.  I do not believe there are any out
dann> there.  It's not included with the slack distro, and I did not see it on
dann> linuxpackages.net.
dann>
dann> I have read the copyright, and pretty much followed the requirements
dann> there-in.  So if nobody minds, I will make them publically available from
dann> my sites and submit them to linuxpackages.
dann>
dann> I have a package for slackware 8.0, slackware 8.0 running libpng 2,
dann> slackware 7.0 (I'm running the slackware 8.0 libpng 2 which required me to
dann> install libpng 2 but maybe the slackware 8.0 regular will work without any
dann> modification), and files for a floppy so that magicpoint can be used with
dann> the slackware 8.0 live ISO.
dann>
dann> I plan to be using the latter at our next Lug meeting so that our members
dann> can follow a tutorial on using mgp and work along.  This tutorial will be
dann> published to the resource section on or LUG home page.
dann>
dann> Thanks for your consideration.
dann>
dann> --