[mgp-users 00748] Re: adding a constant line of text at the bottom of each slide

Marco Molteni wrote:
> %default 1 center, size 3, prefix "my text -- Copyright 2001 Marco Molteni"
>
> works fine, but I would like to have it appear at the bottom... Any ideas?

As far as I understand mgp's philosophy, there is no fixed bottom. The
text is wraped if it reaches the right end of the line so the bottom is
flexible. Also if you put too much text on your slide (a bad idea from
the viewpoint of your audience) then it just disappears below the
bottom.
One workaround I have seen somewhere is to use a background image with
the text you want at the bottom of this image.
Another solution could be to use the %area directives to create two
areas, one for the content and another small one just for the bottom
line. But I had some strange effects with image scaling if I used png
images within an area. This feature is new to mgp and seems to have some
minor problems.

Any better ideas from anybody on the list?

Ciao,
David.