[mgp-users 00669] Re: line beginning with %

hi francesco,

@ 27/7, Francesco Poli:
> # aurelio marinho jargas wrote:
> > i have a txt2tags
> > converter and i've added mgp as a supported type.
> What is txt2tags ?

http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net

it's a text converter, that gets simple marks from a text file
**like** __this__ and generate formatted documents in tagged
formats like html, sgml, pagemaker, moinmoin and mgp!

it generate the right headers too. the cool thing is that for mgp
it uses only X11 Type1 scalable fonts, so no need to carry True
Type files with the presentation. ah! and use default colors as
cyan, yellow and white, so "startx -- -bpp 8" is not a problem,
(specially if netscape - the color palete eater - is running)

as a kick example,

We use double *, / and _ to represent **bold**, //italic// and
__underline__.

is converted to:

We use double *, / and _ to represent
%cont, font "normal-b"
bold
%cont, font "normal"
,
%cont, font "normal-i"
italic
%cont, font "normal"
 and
%cont, fore "cyan"
underline
%cont, fore "white"
.

there's a http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/sample.mgp if do you
wanna take a look at the generated code (and maybe correct my
errors) &:)

ah! the source file is http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net/sample.txt

> A leading blank makes the line become a text line which is
> interpreted verbatim... But a leading blank is displayed...
> Maybe you can fix by adjusting the prefix in the preamble...

do you mean:

%prefix ""
 % ls /etc

that doesn't worked...

> In the case you want the comand output to be displayed in
> the presentation, you should use the %system directive,
> but, of course, you know...  ;)

yep &:)

--
s·:(·>(·×^a]×http://www.verde666.org×^[:wq