(mgp-users 00514) Re: massive changes....

From: Alex Madon <amadon@megalinux.com>
Subject: (mgp-users 00513) Re: massive changes....
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:57:16 +0900

>> In XML *you* define your tags.
>> Of course you can create a tag in your MGP syntax you could call
>> moment.
>> But if you don't *want* provide functions that process tables, you just don't
>> create
>> a table syntax.

Well, I agree. what I'd like to say is...

When we have an XML file like this:

	<booklist>
          <book>
            <author> author A </author>
            <title> title A </title>
            <price> $10 </price>
          </book>
          <book>
            <author> author B </author>
            <title> title B </title>
            <price> $20 </price>
          </book>
        </booklist>

if you want to display this XML like:

Booklist
      author A
        title A
          $10

      author B
        title B
          $20

this could be easy for mgp. but if you want to display it like:

  Booklist
     author        title        price
    author A      title A        10
    author B      title B        20

this will require lots of work.

Cheers,
--
Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp>
Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc.