(mgp-users 00460) embedded X application

I have an embedded X application inside a magicpoint
show using flexbuttons
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/flexbuttonz/homepage/).
The flexbuttonz application has a mouse-over + mouse click
that alters the flexbuttonz image. (this is essentially what
I want to demonstrate inside the presentation). It appears that
magicpoint
intercepts the mouse events rather than the embedded application.
Is there a way around this?

Also, I am running this on a Slackware box (X 3.3.x with
xfstt running), but I can't seem to get nice clean fonts.
Are there some safe choices?
.