(mgp-users 00401) Re: font problem with mgp sample & tutorial examples

Jim Reid <jim@rfc1035.com> writes:
 :: When I try the example mgp files on the laptop, almost no text is
 :: displayed on every page and the following errors are reported over and
 :: over again:
 ::
 :: can't load font size 53 (nor font in similar size) for font <helvetica-medium-r:53:NULL>, glyph 0x004f

I have a similar problem on my Mandrake 7.1 linux laptop running
Xfree86-3.3.6.  But since I _do_ have Truetype font capability I don't
see these messages unless I define a font only references a X font.
My (unsatisfactory) solution so far: don't use X fonts.  The problem
needs to be addressed.

Dean