(mgp-users 00356) Re: Fonts in mgp

In the wise words of Miha Tom¹iè:

> But is ti possible to use other fonts provided by X font server?
> These font are giving me headaches.
>
> %xfont "helvetica-medium-r" "iso8859-1"
>
> gives me a helvetica font and it is scaled crappy since it is bitmap font.

Hmmm... part of my solution to this was to add another set of similar
fonts in. (I had a Bitstream CD with type1 fonts.)

I had a different problem:  I loaded all of the Swiss 721 fonts in, but
they have different widths.  MagicPoint wouldn't let me specify "Swiss
721-medium-r-normal", and the default was "Swiss 721-medium-r-condensed"
which doesn't do what I want it to. :-)

Would there be an objection to providing full font strings? This would
solve several problems for me...

(Also, this is not mgp-related, but since I'm on the font thing... does
anyone know how to alias *any* helvetica font to the corresponding
'swiss 721' font in X? It's pretty obvious how to do a single point
size, but it's not obvious to me how to do a whole set of proportional
fonts...

Thanks,
Jon
--