(mgp-users 00277) Re: mgp-1.07a compile fails

 >>   Will someone please tell me what caused this so I can fix it and move on
 >> toward building and installing mgp? I think that the new version -- with
 >> freetype support built in -- may solve my problems of not seeing text when I
 >> try the demos and my own test presentation.

actualy, mgp-1.06a also supports freetype. so installing new version
may not solve your problem.. anyway I guess your have a problem
related to xfont. so using freetype may solve your problem.

I believe using freetype from mgp is easy.
all you have to do are put truetype fonts somewhere and set up your
.mgprc file. please see mgprc-sample file in the sample directory.

you can find many truetype fonts from the URL described in README.fonts.
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida@wide.ad.jp