(mgp-users 00275) mgp-1.07a compile fails

  Anyone here familiar with xmkmf? First time I've tried to use it and I
don't know how to interpret the error message. Or, how to fix the problem!

  I downloaded, built and installed freetype-1.3.1. Then I went to build
mgp-1.07a. The configuration step completed without error, but the next step
failed:

[root@salmo magicpoint-1.07a]# xmkmf
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
sh: /tmp/fileqNX2tI: Permission denied

  There is no file, /tmp/filqNX2tI. There is a file, /tmp/IIf.<something>,
but it looks like the Imakefile.

  I've built a bunch of apps (including X apps) on my system without running
into this problem. I'm really stymied. The 1.06a rpm doesn't work for me (no
text, just background), and I cannot successfully run xmkmf.

  I'd really like some help here, please.

Many thanks!

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)