(mgp-users 00172) Re: mgp+kde crash

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, helio takai wrote:

> But, the whole thing crashes - including the windows manager, when
> it executes the xsystem command in sample.mgp. I think it is some
> problem with kde. I have at the moment Slackware 3.6 and KDE 1.0.
> I have tried with Slackware 4.0 and KDE 1.1.1 and also crashes.
> It doesn't crash with other windows managers such as fvwm, etc...
> I am obviously using Linux 2.0.36 but don't know which version of
> XFree.
>
> Any clues?

The problem is that the `%system' command causes kwm to crash, which causes
your X session to close.  As far as I know, the only way round this at present
is to use a different window manager, or not to use the %system command.

--
Stephen Cornell          cornell@zoo.cam.ac.uk         Tel/fax +44-1223-336644
University of Cambridge, Zoology Department, Downing Street, CAMBRIDGE CB2 3EJ