(mgp-users 00134) Re: Fonts pb with mgp2ps

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
Subject: (mgp-users 00133) Re: Fonts pb with mgp2ps
> 	For printer output you may need to somehow give the font file to
> 	the printer (I dunno how)

``PostScript & Acrobat/PDF'' (by Thomas Merz, Springer
Verlag) says (in Japanese ;-)

|  Just send font file before PostScript file as one job:
|    cat TheSans.pfa TheSerif.pfa chapter_1.ps | lp

FYI:
  The URL of author's page is http://www.ifconnection.de/~tm/.
  This book is available in English, German and Japanese.

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
Subject: (mgp-users 00130) Re: Fonts pb with mgp2ps
>							 I believe the fonts
> 	you mentioned are FreeType font (Dragonwick and others).  To use
> 	those fonts we must include pixel-ized picture data into PostScript
> 	file (instead of letters like "a" with PostScpirt font specifier).

(I think s/FreeType/TrueType/ .)

I think you can use Type 42 fonts (PostScript-wrapped
TrueType font) for this purpose, if the printer supports
them.

ttfps (TTF to Type 42 encoder) is available from
http://starship.python.net/crew/da/fonts/.

Or ttf2pfb in FreeType archive may help you.

# Sorry, I didn't test these at all.

--
Takashi P.KATOH