[mgp-users 01326] Memory leaks revisited...

I see from September last year that there was some discussion of memory leaks in magicpoint.

Did anyone get anywhere with tracking this down?

I'm going to be using magicpoint to run a display in our reception which wants to be constantly online. I've added a '-r' option (repeating demo) which cycles endlessly through the provided slides, the memory leak could get quite serious (I estimate about 70Mb/day)!

Running with valgrind seems to indicate the majority of the problem is with the font handling (xft in this case), unfortunately my C programming ability gives up at this point!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Jonathan

= Jonathan Nicholson - Team Leader : System Support "Special Projects"       =
= The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs, CB10 1SA  =
= Email: jjn@sanger.ac.uk -=- Tel: 01223 834244 x4987  -=- Fax: 01223 494919 =