[mgp-users 01280] Re: Patch for GB2312 encoding and other things

Hi!
On 2003-10-20 at 14:19 -0700 Yoshifumi Nishida sent off:
Thanks for a great patch. I'm going to check it.
BTW, could you tell me where I can get free GB2312 truetype fonts?

do you really need a special font for GB2312? As far as I know if the Truetype font contains all neccessary glyphs, everything should be fine. Where GB2312 should be supported is the rendering engine. I'm not sure if XFree86 does have gb2312 support upstream. If not, there are patcheѕ available for it and SuSE has XFree86 packages *with* gb2312 support. A semi-free font which is quite good is the bitsream cyberbit font. Just ask google for it.

Bjoern