[mgp-users 01097] %pause'ing inside a line?

I want to have to images side by side, like in

   %image "foo.jpg", image "bar.jpg"

which works as expected.  Now, I want to have a %puase between these
two images and can't find out how to do this.  I tried

   %image "foo.jpg", pause, image "bar.jpg"

wich pauses *before* the first image and after pressing SPC both
images appear at once.  With

   %image "foo.jpg"
   %pause
   %image "bar.jpg"

the pause is between the two images but they appear vertically
stacked as one would expect but which is not what I want.

Any help here?

urs