[mgp-users 00857] Problems with latest CVS

I just updated mgp from the latest CVS.  I'd also updated libpng to
version 1.2.2.  A presentation that used to work dies in two places.

1.  Reading png images.  I get the message "Too many IDAT's", which is
    seems to be a warning generated by the png library, followed by a
    cannot read image msg and exit.  I get it in other programs I use
    to display the image (e.g., xv), but the image displays.  I played
    around with a debugger a bit and found that the problem is the
    call:

	png_read_end(png_ptr, info_ptr);

    at line 217 of image/png.c.  It seems that this version of libpng
    includes the call to png_read_end() in png_read_png(); in any
    event commenting out the call fixes the problem.

2.  I have several jpeg images to show (essentially one per page) and
    my mgp file contains lines like:

%center, image "Li.jpeg" 256 40 35 1

    The current version dies with the error:  "Pipeline controller messed up"
    I've got version 6.2 of libjpeg installed.

3.  I also try and display equations, esentially, using %filter to pass groff
code to groff and to gs as:

groff -e $tmp.eqn | gs -sDEVICE=epswrite -sOutputFile=$tmp.eps -q -dNOPAUSE -

The output is wrong (this may be a gs problem); it's not centered and
fills the entire page.  I'm using gs-7.04.

David