[mgp-users 00777] Re: what is %area

%area is a feature to make the subsequent commands act on a certain area of
the screen only, e.g. to create a footline, to place pictures etc. This was
introduced with 1.09. Unfortunately, many distributions of Linux still
contain the old package 1.08 (e.g. SuSE 7.3) and most rpm are 1.08. I
compiled the sources from magicpoint's page.

Michael