[mgp-users 00775] Re: Problem with MagicPoint1.09 and mng-animations

I found it too unconvenient to have X without a window manager. I used to
have the %xsystem command working together with xanim fairly well (note that
xanim don't know b-frames in contrast to mpeg_play). Unfortunately, since the
%area command (which is itself a great improvement!) was introduced, the
%xsystem places my xanim output always on the left border of the screen :-(

Since I am using synthetic movies, mpeg compression is contraproductive and
having mng-animations is optimal wrt. quality AND file size. Anyway, %anim
does not seem to work properly...

The compres option of convert does NOT seem to have any effect on the
produced mng-animation, although it works well for all kinds of still images.
Btw. mng-animation can basically contain jpeg-frames, so that mng-animations
can be much smaller than similar gif-animations.

Michael