(mgp-users 00618) newbie question (freetype2)

I just discovered mgp -- looks great. Anyway, I had trouble to compile
it with freetype support. I'm using Debian woody with freetype2
libraries and XFree 4.x installed. Freetype2 seems to conflict with
freetype1 development libraries, and compiling mgp 1.0.8a with
freetype2 fails. It works when specifying "--disable-freetype" but
fonts look very stair-stepped then. Do you have any suggestions? (I
hope this is not a FAQ, but I did not find anything about it in the
archives at first glance)

Many thanks for your attention,
Ulf

 Ulf Mehlig    <ulf.mehlig@uni-bremen.de>