(mgp-users 00542) EPS Transparency

Is there any way to get mgp to render eps files transparently, that is,
without the white background?  I know that eps doesn't have transparency

in the same way gifs do, but since eps are rendered on the fly by
ghostscript, I was hoping that maybe this was possible.

If this can't be done, is there any other way to get latex rendered
output onto a slide with a transparent background.  I guess I could
convert eps to a format that supports transparency, but I'm afraid that
not being antialiased against the appropriate background will make the
text look lousy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jay