(mgp-users 00507) Re: massive changes....

From: Alex Madon <amadon@megalinux.com>
Subject: (mgp-users 00505) Re: massive changes....
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:13:43 +0900

>> OK, now that everybody seems to agree that we need a XML syntax,
>> Yoshifurni could you  narrow down the problem?
>> I would think "only" two files need to be changed :
>> -the scanner scanner.l
>> -the grammar grammar.y
>> That 's really a big work but am I wrong and do we need to change more files?

I think it depends on your design.
If you'd like to just convert XML tags into mgp's internal syntax,
I think only these two files need to be modified.
But if you're going to add some special features related to XML,
you may need to modify parser.c and draw.c and more.

I think making external programs like sdoc2mgp.xsl could be one solution.
In this case, you have only to modify mgp to invoke the tool automagically.

In any case, I would like to suggest the parsing function should be
modularized as possible, since we may rebuild the current source code.

--
Yoshifumi Nishida <nishida@csl.sony.co.jp>
Sony Computer Science Laboratories, Inc.