(mgp-users 00343) problem with %system

Hi, I'm been trying for hours to solve this problem with no success, so
I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help me.

I'm trying to have X applications pop up at certain times, so I'm using
the %system command to call them.  However, the application runs but
doesn't show itself.  I have confirmed that the application is running,
so it's window must be hiding behind the MagicPoint slide, and I can't
get it to come up to the top.  And I've tried very simple apps like
xclock with no success.  %xsystem works, but I can't use it since mouse
events over embedded apps go to magicpoint and not the embedded app.

I've tried the most recent snapshot of magicpoint, same problem.  I'm
running RedHat Linux 6.2 with enlightenment.

THanks for any help,
Aseem

--
Aseem Agarwala			  wp: +32-2-740-0753