(mgp-users 00326) Re: conversion from latex ..

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Carlos Puchol wrote:

> hi andres, i saw that script and i still have it around,
> but the reason i don't use it is because it creates files
> and such and leaves them around, cannot invoke always the same, and
> it creates a modified file that i cannot (or rather, decided i should not)
> edit it.
>

> i just use the script i sent out and don't mind if things are
> re-generated every time, since my machine is fast enough to not bother me
> at all. in the script i sent (also derived from luigi's), i can control
> the zooming from the %filter command, so it is very convenient. all
> the temp files go in /tmp, which will be eventually cleaned
> by the system and i don't have to worry about them.

Although I sit on a fast computer, a Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris, it
takes perhaps 5 minutes to generate a set of 20-30 latex formulas. That's
why I wanted a preprocessor rather than filtering everything through latex
every time.

I think both alternatives are important. Perhaps there should be more of
"native" support for latex in future versions of MagicPoint?

/Anders