(mgp-users 00295) Re: Changing text colour or style within a line?

On 7 May 2000, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino writes:

>> I'm new to MagicPoint (1.0.7a on RedHat 6.2) and so far I like it.
>> However, I can't work out how to cause colour or other text style
>> changes to occur *within* a line.
>> Example: If I want to see on screen a line of text
>>  red green blue
>> with each word in the colour it names, what would I type into the .mgp
>> file to make it happen?

> do you have examples installed to your system?

Yes.

> if there is, sample.mgp page 7 has the exact example.

Not really.  This sample has the words one colour per line.  Each word
is on a line by itself.  I wish to change colour *within* one single
line of text.

I am perfectly able to change colours, but so far I can only do that
on a line boundary.  I can do

  red
  green
  blue

but I am unable to do

  red green blue

where all three words are on the same line.  Sorry if I was not clear
before, I thought saying "within a line" would describe what I am
trying to do.

Thanks,

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Marsden  	| Internet: jonathan@xc.org	| Making electronic
12 Etterby Lea Crescent | Phone: +44 1228 615100	| communications work