(mgp-users 00282) mgp2ps blues

hi, i am still having problems with mgp2ps
printing stuff out the bottom of (letter size)
pages.

we did discuss this for a while and we had arrived to
a solution, but i thought that would show up in 1.7a.

ideas?

attached are some files (test0.mpg perhaps should be a sample
shipped with mgp?) that illustrate the point, along
with compressed ps files.

i tried with true type fonts and without them.
listed here is the last line of the file.
mgp is running on a 1280x1024 display with true
type fonts reachabe via ~/.mpgrc.

the number in the table below indicates what is the last line
showing in the screen (mgp) and printout (ps).
note that the printouts don't show line 1 and the last bit of
printout is also cut. they probably should be shiften in into
the page a bit to be perfect, as well as (at least in my case,
with letter page format), shrunk down a little.

	testX.mgp	testX.ps
page 1	25		26		test0 (comic)
page 2	27		27
page 3	12		10
page 1	27		29		test1 (helvetica)
page 2	27		30
page 3	13		13

the ps files have been generated with:

	mgp2ps -c -t -p letter -e latin1 test0.mgp | cat comic*.pfa - > test0.ps

oops, i did not realize the (compressed) ps file were that big (the font
bloats them, they are 210kb). so i have put all of them in:

	http://puchol.com/cpg/software/mgp/mgp2ps-test.tgz

i'd appreciate ideas on how to fix this.

++ carlos