(mgp-users 00232) Re: Wish List

> >I'm not a font expert but I thought that we could transform the
> >TrueType fonts into Type1 fonts and then include them in the
> >postscript file. Do I miss something here?
>
> 	PostScript file size will blow up.  Do you want that happen?  I do not
> 	really want to do that...

How much do you think it will grow ? A compressed TTF fonts (from win95)
typically is 50-100K. I don't think one uses more than 4..5 fonts
in a set of slides, and having a 200KB overhead in the postscript
would be (to me) perfectly acceptable if this is the price to
pay for good match between video and printed things. The native
format for the presentations should be mgp files anyways.

(if you note, my mgpm distribution/patches can parse a single "tarball"
file which includes everything you need for the presentation, and having
also a windows port makes it feasible to distribute these tarballs on
the web)

	cheers
	luigi
  Luigi RIZZO, luigi@iet.unipi.it  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)

		  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ngc99/
====  First International Workshop on Networked Group Communication  ====