(mgp-users 00227) Wish List

I've read recently about a potential new version of MagicPoint (I
don't use the CVS tree) and here are the things that I would really
like to see:

1) Fix mgpembed:
	# cat test.mgp
	%newimage -xscrzoom "test.gif"
	# mgpembed test.mgp > /dev/null
	/bin/cat: invalid option -- x
	Try `/bin/cat --help' for more information.
	/usr/bin/uuencode: invalid option -- x
	Try `/usr/bin/uuencode --help' for more information.
   (it seems that mgpembed called "cat -xscrzoom"...)

2) Add an easy way to insert some vertical space. I currently use
	%size 2

	%size 5
   which is ugly and hard-codes the default font size. I would like to
   see something like
	%space 2
   doing the same thing.

3) Add commands to better position text and images on the slide. I
   think that the easiest solution would be to add commands like %move
   and %moveto allowing to move to relative or absolute positions on
   the slide. The parameters could be screen percentage.

4) Improve mgp2ps to use the same fonts as mgp when possible
   (e.g. when using TrueType fonts).

If you wish, I can help with these...
Lionel Cons        http://home.cern.ch/~cons
CERN               http://www.cern.ch

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology:
	There's always one more bug.