(mgp-users 00185) Re: xwintoppm problem

George,

> I'm not quite sure what you mean.  I'm running in what looks
> like full color.  Which app will tell me how many bits I'm using?

well, I had the same thing a while ago, been there ;-(
Accidently, I tried it on a machine where I had it running on an X-server
with 16 bit color (instead of 8 bit like on this very alpha right now).
There it worked like a charm.
64K+ colors instead of 256. At least, that solved the error when I got it

kr=

                   \\\___///
                  \\  - -  //
                   (  @ @  )
 |        kris carlier - kris@iguana.be    |
 | Hiroshima 45, Tsjernobyl 86, Windows 95 |
 | Linux, the choice of a GNU gener8ion    |
 | KC62-RIPE          SMS: +32-75-61.43.05 |
                  oooO   (   )
                   \_)