(mgp-users 00105) bugs/features/question about mgp

Hello,

I'm evaluating MagicPoint. I'm planning to use it for future
presentations, in place of latex.

Hardware: Intel P166 64MB 2GB
OS: Redhat Linux 5.2
X11: Xfree86 3.3.3
WMgr: KDE 1.1
Fonts: freetype-1.2, freefonts-0.10, urw-fonts
MGP: 1.04a

Bugs:
-----

1. the -G option does not work. I have to toggle it once mgp is running.

2. on the last slide, the -G does not work (the text is printed then cleared)

3. %include is refused within main pages, although SYNTAX says it
   shouldn't be.

4. %system does not work very well for me. arguments are separated based
   on space, so you cannot pass args with spaces, e.g.

   %system "prgm --title='the title'"

   maybe use the "system" call instead of "execvp"...

5. "tfc_setfont: font name not given, fail"
   I assume from this message that FreeType fonts do not work,
   but I do not know what I can do about it. where is the FAQ? ;-)

6. mgp interacts badly with the screen saver when launched without -o.
   The screen saver is toggled as if nothing had move after mgp was
   started.

Feature request:

1. I do know how to print the slide number on the slide. is it possible?

2. %image produces a tiled image inclusion. other options, such as
   centered, would be nice.

Question:
---------

Are there other similar presentation tools that can run on Linux ?